In this section seven different types of components have been compiled (external wall, internal wall, compartment wall, etc.) which are further sub-divided into 42 basic design types (external wall with or without ventilation, external wall with or without dry lining, etc.). Variations of these designs can be created by modifying for example the thickness or the type of insulation material.
For each component and its variations, performance parameters regarding thermal, acoustic, fire and ecological performance levels are provided. Each component variation can be downloaded in PDF-format and might be suitable for submission to building authorities to demonstrate compliance. All these quoted performance levels have been determined either by testing, calculations or means of assessment by accredited testing institutes or accepted research institutions.
The published datasheets will be reviewed on regular basis to ensure that the information provided is current and correct.
A facility for detailed searching is available. Components can be searched using different criteria, for example by selecting a construction method (solid wood construction or timber frame construction, with or without ventilation, etc.) or a performance parameter (REI30, U>0,21 W/m²K, etc.). If the identification code of a particular component is known, then it can be entered directly into the search field on the starting page (e.g. awrhhi04a-00).
The datasheets of the components provided in PDF-format contain the following information:
- Component designation
- Depiction in 3D
- 2D-view with legend
- Evaluation of performance parameters regarding thermal, acoustic, fire and ecological performance levels
- Detailed information on building materials (layer composition)
- Detailed information on the evaluation of ecological performance levels
For explanation please see Nomenclature.
Depiction in 3D
The 3D depiction of the selected component always shows the basic design build-up (reference to component –00).
2D-view with legend
The 2D-view of the component always shows the basic design build-up (reference to component –00).
Evaluation of performance parameters regarding thermal, acoustic, fire and ecological performance levels
The datasheets provide information on the following performance parameters:
- Fire resistance class REI (according to EN 13501-2)
- Thermal transmittance U [W/m²K] (according to ÖNORM B 8110-6 and EN ISO 6946)
- Water vapour diffusion (according to ÖNORM B 8110-2)
- Area related mass m [kg/m²]
- Weighted sound reduction index Rw [dB] (according to EN ISO 140-1 and EN ISO 717-1)
- Weighted normalised impact sound pressure level Ln,w [dB] (according to EN ISO 140-6 and EN ISO 717-2)
- Ecological index see "Detailed information on the evaluation of ecological performance levels"
Detailed information on building materials (layer composition)
Values for the thermal conductivity λ and the specific heat capacity c and density ρ have been quoted with the standard EN ISO 10456.
Information regarding the water vapour resistance factor µ, originates from "Determination of parameters concerning thermal, acoustic, fire and ecological performance levels for wood and wood-based materials" (Association of the Austrian Wood Industry, 2002). For some products the information has been extracted from test certificates.
The fire resistance classes have been quoted according to the decisions of the European Commission. The dynamic stiffness s’ and the air flow resistivity r (?) were determined by TGM at the Institute of technology for thermal and acoustic performance.